Financial stress is the number one source of stress globally. How would it feel to talk to someone about money and know you are being listened to?
Benefits of Money Coaching
- Show an increased ability to use a budget and spending plan
- Are more likely to set aside money for savings
- Know their “money type” and the implications of this
- Are more likely to pay bills on time
- Feel calmer and in control of money
- Less likely to make regrettable financial decisions
- More likely to set goals
- Have massive increases in confidence to reach goals, financial and otherwise
What I do (and do not do)
I specialise in helping clients get out of debt, make better decisions and reach financial and life goals.
While I hold a number of financial qualifications, I do not practice as a financial advisor and I have no sales agenda in any way. This is important to know. There will never be any pressure to take on any financial direction, policy or service unless you decide yourself. I am here to help you make your own decisions and change your own behaviour towards reaching your goals. My work with individuals and couples sits alongside traditional financial advisor services . Indeed, I can help you choose a financial advisor, if appropriate.
This goal is different for everyone, being debt free or wealth for some, clarity and security for others, comfort in spending for others. We address issues such as damaging patterns of financial behaviour, self-defeating thoughts and actions, ingrained beliefs about money, inappropriate risk taking and goal confusion. You will be living with money for the rest of your lives so why be comfortable around it rather than being confused and afraid of it. Benefits to clients include more clarity, confidence and sense of purpose when it comes to your finances.
Who I work with
My financial coaching is strictly confidential and is for everyone making financial decisions, big or small.
Clients use my service for many reasons:
- debt, budgeting, mortgage arrears, repossession threats, financial recovery
- getting a coherent money mindset for the future
- feelings of stress, despair and hopelessness relating to finances and upcoming major financial decisions e.g. marriage, divorce, retirement
- inner conflict and conflict with others relating to money
- addressing damaging habits and attitudes around money
- defining and moving towards financial life goals
- a fresh perspective on finances
What I expect from clients
You must be willing to be open to change and make decisions to bring you towards your goal.
Outline of a typical money coaching journey for a client?
- We have an exploratory call to discuss if and how I can help you best
- I may gather some basic financial information and question you on behaviour and emotions about money
- You attend a coaching session to discuss what you want to achieve as an outcome
- We both gain insight into barriers to this goal and aids to achieving the goal
- Clear actionable steps are identified to get you moving
- We have ongoing sessions to bed down behaviours, monitor progress and stay on track
It is expensive?
Please ask yourself if you achieved your goal what is it worth to you. The changes will last and financially it can make all the difference. I do not want this service to be inaccessible but valuable, worthwhile and possible. Be sure you are committed to changing and what is the cost of NOT changing? My charging structure is clear and transparent with no hidden costs.
Each session is €120+VAT and can be a once off or a series of meetings as needed.
Sessions can take place in a private room in Fairview, Dublin 3, Baggot Street, Dublin 2 or elsewhere/your workplace, as appropriate. I work with clients all over the country on Skype/Zoom also.