We are living in times uncertainty and financial stress is the number one source of stress globally. How would it feel to talk to someone about money and know you are being listened to?
What I do (and do not do)
First of all, while qualified, I am not a practicing Financial Advisor. I will not try to sell you anything and have no sales agenda in any way. This is important to know. There will never be any pressure to take on any financial direction, policy or service unless you decide yourself. I am here to help you make your decisions. My work with individuals and couples sits alongside traditional Financial Advisor services . Indeed, I can help you choose a Financial Advisor if appropriate.
It is important to understand it is first and foremost COACHING. Coaching clients will make their own decisions coming from awareness of their situation. I help you in confidence to define and attain your financial and career goals. Many people never sit down to discuss their financial world outside of arranging a specific product such as a pension, insurance policy etc. While these are important, there is more to thing about.
My confidential service benefits you in allowing you to explore and master behaviours associated with your finances, and move towards achieving what you really want. So many people struggle with self-defeating patterns when it comes to investing, spending, saving and managing money; even thinking about it. Benefits to clients include more clarity, confidence and sense of purpose when it comes to your money.
Finding out what you really want and of your relationship to money is more elusive than it seems. We all have behaviours and traits that serve us or otherwise. Our daily decisions are coloured by attitudes and beliefs around money, some good and some bad. I work with people to uncover those beliefs and behaviours, so they can free up some head space to thrive.
This goal is different for everyone; wealth for some, clarity and security for others, comfort in spending for others. We address issues such as damaging patterns of financial behaviour, self-defeating thoughts and actions, ingrained beliefs about money, inappropriate risk taking and goal confusion. You will be living with money for the rest of your lives so why not let it work for you rather than being confused and afraid of it. Benefits to clients include more clarity, confidence and sense of purpose when it comes to your finances.
Who I work with
My financial coaching is strictly confidential and is for everyone making financial decisions, big or small.
Clients use my service for many reasons:
- debt, budgeting, mortgage arrears, repossession threats, financial recovery
- feelings of stress, despair and hopelessness relating to finances and upcoming major financial decisions e.g. marriage, divorce, retirement
- inner conflict and conflict with others relating to money
- addressing damaging habits and attitudes around money
- defining and moving towards financial life goals
- a fresh perspective on finances
What I expect from clients
You must be willing to be open to change and make decisions to bring you towards your goal.
Outline of a typical financial coaching journey for a client?
- Client submits a fact-find to enable me to assess your financial situation
- Client attends coaching session to discuss what they want to achieve as an outcome
- Coach and client gain insight into barriers to this goal and aids to achieving it
- Action plan on achieving this overall outcome is developed
- Client and coach have ongoing sessions to bed down behaviours, monitor progress and stay on track